Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Tooth Fairy lingers near


At the very beginning of the school-year, Bruce decided he had a loose tooth. All of his friends were losing teeth and he didn't want to be left out, so he told me he had a wiggly tooth. It wasn't that wiggly - until last week. It's been getting looser and even has a new tooth growing in behind it. It's coming out any day, and I'm hoping it falls out at school so I don't have to deal with it. I'm not a fan of blood and it grosses me out to look at the above photo, so I would be perfectly fine if his first tooth came home in his book bag wrapped neatly in tissues. We'll see though - we're about to the weekend.
In other random news, Phoebe and I spent the day on one of our epic shopping trips to Aldi. It's almost an hour away, so we go every few months (last time I went was early December) and stock up on non-perishables. It took awhile to check out and the cashier started chatting with me, asking where I was from. I told her and she said a new Aldi is being built in the Boston area. Hallelujah for cheapo groceries!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

I've never heard of Aldi. Tell me more!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Eisha said...

That's funny, I had never heard of Aldi until I came to Australia, and when people came to visit I would show them how they chuck your groceries in your cart thinking it was a crazy Australian thing. Then someone told me the store was in America(hahahaha).

11:25 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I'm with the first comment, what's Aldi? Can it possibly be cheaper than Market Basket?

11:45 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

This store is awesome. It's based out of Germany and so they have a wide selection of yummy German chocolate. The stores are generally smallish, carry private labeled goods, and have a few quirks about them (bring your own shopping bags, bag your own stuff, get a quarter for parking your shopping cart, etc). Prices are great though. Flour was $1.48/5 lbs. Sugar $2.39/ 5 lbs. Wheat thin crackers $1.19/ box (they're $1.50 at Market Basket). Last time I went I got one-pound salad bags for 39 cents. Big bags of tortilla chips for 99 cents. And of course, yummy chocolate chips for $1.29/bag. Love this place.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

We love Aldi. Mike always shopped there while on his mission since it was the most afforable place to buy groceries in Denmark on a missionary budget.

By the way, it is now owned by Trader Joe's. I have, on occasion, found the same product at both locations.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home