Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Hello, this is Kara."

I'm writing an article about elite runner-mommas for New England Runner Magazine's July "women's issue." I've been interviewing mostly regional elite runners who have kids, but by some random hookup the editor of the magazine got me in touch with Kara Goucher (shown above, kicking booty in the 2009 Boston Marathon before finishing third). She called me yesterday and we talked for a half-hour about running, diaper changes, Nike, and motherhood. I tried not to sound too star-struck, but I totally was. While we talked, Bruce watched PBS Kids and fed Phoebe a steady stream of chocolate chips in her high chair so I could talk in peace. It's probably a good thing that my "chocolate chip babysitter" isn't available for marathon training runs.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

That so cool you got to talk to her! Phoebe's diet was a totally worthwhile sacrifice :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Haha, love the choco chip babysitter brother. Smart kid. So cool you are able to pull of the working mama gig. I can't imagine you star struck seeing that you are a star yourself.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home