Sunday, January 30, 2011

Me, the Miler

I hopped on the indoor track for another mile attempt, this time in a distance medley relay. I hadn't run a relay race in a few years, and I'd forgotten how much fun it is (and how nervous it makes me too!). My team, the Greater Boston Track Club, raced against a bunch of college teams. I ran the anchor leg (the last leg of the 1200-meter, 400-meter, 800-meter, 1600-meter relay), so unfortunately our final placing was up to me. And unfortunately I'm not a real miler. Four teams passed me, and then I nipped one back at the end (see the photo finish below).
After the race, I remembered why I used to carry cough drops with me to every indoor track meet: the "track hack" (I think it's the combination of deep, hard breathing and really dry indoor air?). After coughing for a solid 15 minutes, I went for a 10-mile cooldown with some teammates and felt much, much better by the end. 78 days until the Boston Marathon!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Go Emily Go!

8:49 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

I saw a lot of people running over the weekend despite the piles of snow and narrow roads. I think I know what they're training for...

10:33 AM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

You go girl! Track hack..that is too funny of a phrase. Totally true tho.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Tia said...

Yeah Emily! Hey, did you get my email?

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home