Saturday, March 19, 2011

The luck of the Irish

I was summoned to serve jury duty on Monday. The courthouse is an hour away and I had to leave the kids with two different babysitters early in the morning, so I was hoping I would get dismissed or get a really easy, quick trial. Or maybe I could just act crazy?



I didn't have to pull that trick. I was Juror No. 63 in a pool of 75. There were two personal injury trials that day, each with a 12-seat jury. It took 62 jurors to fill the 24 spots (I think a lot of jurors were dismissed because they'd been in accidents themselves). Once Juror No. 62 took his seat, everyone else was excused! Yea! (I mean, I'm honored to do my civic duty, but they make it so darn inconvenient! An hour away, stuck in a jury pool room for 5 hours with a 15-minute potty break and only three vending machines stocked with crappy candy - ugh) I'm glad I didn't have to sit through the estimated 3-4 days of trial. Instead, I played with my kids for the rest of the week.

Bruce was off school for Evacuation Day (also St. Patrick's Day), so we went to an awesome park and out to lunch with friends.


This is us waiting for our fooooood after hours of playing at the park. Hungry!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

ha ha I love 30 Rock. Very appropriate clip.

6:36 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Cute pics of the kiddos! Guess in Cali we are lucky to opt out on a the jury summons form if caring for a dependent.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home