Friday, April 08, 2011

Tooth No. 2

Bruce's second tooth fell out yesterday. He was wiggling it while doing his business on the toilet and it came out right then, falling into the toilet.

I was in the kitchen when it happened and all I heard was uncontrollable sobbing coming from the bathroom.

"Bruce, what's wrong?" I asked.

No response. Just sobbing.

I asked again.

More sobbing. Words can't seem to come out. I was worried that he was dying or something in there, so I picked the lock and entered the bathroom. He finally made out "My tooth fell into the toilet" and sobbed some more.

The tooth itself was pinned under a big piece o' poo, so I tell him a note to the tooth fairy will be just fine and that flushing one tiny tooth is okay. He calms down, finishes his business solo, and made the above note to stick under his pillow.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

No. 2 is right.

1:42 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Haha! Quick thinking mama to the rescue!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hahaha be sure to tell that story again and again when he grows up.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

That is some kid you guys have there. Question on his very detailed drawing, though, what is that coming out over his head? And is that you that is saying "What?" What a crack up!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

That's definitely me saying "what?" behind the door.

The thing over his head is the toilet seat, I think, which seems to be towering over him a bit too much. There's also the word bubble that comes from his face and looks like a lightning bolt.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home