Sunday, April 01, 2012

Race 3 of 3

I have run a race every weekend for the past three weekends. First, it was a 5K. I ran a 17:55 on a flat course and finished third behind two women who have run in the Olympic Trials. The second weekend, I won the 10K at a local university track meet in 36:57. This past weekend, I ran a hilly 15K in 56:00. I won and reclaimed my course record (I broke it in 2007 and then someone else broke it).
My pace per mile doesn't vary much lately. Six-minute-per-mile pace seems to be my go-to pace. I have traded any speed that I once had for the endurance needed in the marathon. If only I could hang onto 6-minute pace for the full marathon. Maybe someday.
For now, I have two weeks until the Boston Marathon. The tough training is behind me, the races gave me confidence, and now I am ready to rest my legs for Marathon Monday.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

See you at Mile 19!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

And we are ready to watch you dominate!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home