Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Baby, baby, baby.

My mind has been hijacked by this pregnancy; I am constantly thinking about the baby. Is it a boy or girl? Should I hang onto Phoebe's outgrown clothes or pass them along like everything else? Was that a kick or the bean soup I just ate? Will I really make it past 34 weeks? Should I start packing my hospital bag now?

The first trimester seemed to crawl by. Looking back on it doesn't change my perspective either: I still think that was the slowest period of time in human history. Waiting and waiting and waiting to see if that lump of cells would actually turn into a person.
Now that I have officially outgrown my standard pants and expanded into the funky paneled maternity bottoms, I am starting to think less about keeping baby in and more about getting baby out. I requested a stack of books and a few childbirth class DVDs from the library. I'm not willing to pay big bucks for childbirth classes because my chances of a normal birth are slim, but I'm consuming large amounts of info about VBACs and natural childbirth just in case my fantasy birth-day actually comes true.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a baby without meds, then go for a run the next day?! Or at least not have to wait two weeks to drive, six weeks to jog horribly slow, and months before I can pick up my kids without pain? Even better, wouldn't it be nice to have a baby and bring it home from the hospital when I go home?

If you have some fabulous pain management tip or great VBAC story, send it my way. I can't seem to get enough of them.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Strong Clan said...

Google the blog "Birth without fear" They have the BEST stories of natural birth, VBCS, everything. My dream would be to birth in a pool in my living room. Dream Big!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have lots and lots of stories. Most VBAC's go great so stay away from horror stories. I think you can do it. I say plan for your dream birth and then be flexible. I hope you get it.

10:41 AM  
Blogger heather said...

What books did you check out and what info are you absorbing? I'd love to have a VBAC for our next child- whenever that is- and would love to prep as much as I can for it.
I hope you get your wish!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I checked out HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method and the Bradley Method books. Each one has a tiny paragraph about VBACs and waaaay too much weird hippie stuff, but I gleaned some decent info from each.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home