Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

 After last year's epically disastrous birthday, I was convinced that this one was going to be much, much better. And it was. Scott had the day off and put together a surprise birthday party for me. A few friends came over, sang the birthday song, and ate some really awesome cake that I didn't have to make. That would be me in my jammies blowing out a bunch of candles (we didn't have enough candles; does that mean it's already time to start lying about my age?).
Even better, I had breakfast in bed complete with waffles from my new wafflemaker. We had an awesome Belgian wafflemaker for a few years; I got it for Scott as an anniversary gift a few years ago, and it finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago. I was super-sad about it (*see backstory below), so Scott got me a new one.

* On our wedding night, we stayed at a hotel that had a make-your-own waffle breakfast bar with one of those cool rotating wafflemakers. The next day at the wedding reception, somebody asked how how our hotel was - you know, the winking, ha-ha-you-newlyweds kind of asking. While I blushed, Scott didn't even hesitate: "The waffles were amazing."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home