Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful for family, rocks, and food...

 ..among other things. This Thanksgiving, we hosted an amazing feast that I somehow did not get a single picture of. We had some traditional items: turkey and sweet potato casserole (prepared by Scott), mashed potatoes (courtesy of Jared, Scott's bro-in-law), stuffing (by Nancy), butterhorn rolls and pumpkin pie (by Valerie), cranberry sauce (by Market Basket), roasted beet-fennel salad, vegan gravy, almond-raspberry cheesecake, apple pies, homemade vanilla ice cream, and pumpkin roll (by moi).
 The feasting was good, but so was the crowd. Scott's parents, sister Nancy, her hubby Jared, and bro Mark came and stayed with us for a few days. Mark packed about one shirt and 50 pounds of climbing gear, so they put it all to good use.
 The day after Thanksgiving was Mark's birthday and Nancy thought it'd be a fantastic idea to get shirts made for everyone with Mark's kindergarten portrait on them. They turned out pretty awesome, right? As you can see, Mark is super-enthused about turning 19.
As for me, I made a 30-foot-long paper-chain of things I am thankful for. Today I am thankful that Phoebe is still napping and technology exists that makes my life simpler in some ways and allows me to reach my faraway family.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home