Wednesday, May 08, 2013

30 weeks

Yesterday I officially made it to 30 weeks pregnant. The nurses tell me the next big milestone is 32 weeks. I'm just taking this day by day.

There haven't been any new developments lately. The doctor stops by every morning and asks the same questions, to which I give the same answers. Any pain? Changes? Contractions? Movement? Yesterday the doctor added, "Do you have any hobbies?" to the Q&A. Yes, I do have hobbies, but hardly any of them involve sitting still for long periods of time.

The kids are doing well all things considered. Bruce has a couple field trips at school and a few after-school activities that he looks forward to. Phoebe has warmed up to grandma and even takes naps for her (what?!). When they come to visit, Phoebe inspects my feet and will often rub lotion on them. Aunt Nancy drove up from Philadelphia to join the fun; she finished the semester at physician's assistant school and was planning on a camping trip and fun with the kids. Now that I'm in the hospital, we scratched the camping trip and put her to work. Yesterday she made a bunch of crepes and brought them over to the hospital. The day before she brought paper and we attempted to make origami flowers and butterflies.

My mom is still here and will be for Mother's Day. I feel like she deserves a parade, pampering at a fancy hair salon, fine foods served to her, and way more than what she's going to get. Scott works a long 7 a.m.-10 p.m. shift on Sunday, so my mom will have to get the kids to church and around town solo.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Maybe you should take up your old hobby of illustration. You could write little children's books while your stuck in there (like your illustrated notes in Scoresby's class). You just need a set of thin crayola markers and lots of paper. :) That is the best I can think of. Sorry that your camp-out is in the hospital. Not much wild life or s'mores. :(

12:08 PM  
Blogger Turley Family said...

I very much wish I could spend a day with you in the hospital or at your house with your kiddos. You are a solid woman who makes hard things seem easy. Thanks for being an inspiration to me :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Chandra said...

Keep that baby safe and comfy for a couple more weeks. Your hobbies will be there waiting for you when you make it through this. Prayin for you and your family.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home