Sunday, August 13, 2006

Running for a Cause

I'm gearing up for a half-marathon in two weeks. I ran 80 miles last week and will run 90 miles this week. I train early in the morning (thanks to Scott, who watches a very energetic Bruce every morning) and put in loooong runs on Saturdays. And I take a much needed break every Sunday.

Anyway, the half marathon is in New Hampshire and ends on the Dartmouth campus. It benefits the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth. I've never done any fundraising before, but I thought I'd give it a shot this time. The proceeds go toward medical equipment and such for the hospital. I'll have to admit that I have quite a soft spot for children's hospitals after having Bruce in the NICU for two weeks. There are a lot of amazing people and a lot of sad stories that go through such places, and it always helps to have the right equipment and proper facilities to make things a little easier. I hope that the money raised will go to making the hospital experience slightly less stressful for families and slightly more successful for patients.

If you care to donate, here is a link to my donation page.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=168957&lis=1&kntae168957=B7434A6AE04744308642125FF0802C78&supId=139722632

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home