Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer Fun with Aunt Marissa






Marissa came to visit this past week. She came last summer and I guess she had a good enough time that she wanted to come again this summer. While she was here, we had to do some boring stuff (a doctor's appointment, a 2-hour baby playgroup, a meeting at work) but for the most part we stayed busy doing fun stuff. We went to the beach - twice. We went running (I think this was more fun for me than her). We did some serious shopping too. That was really great because I can't really go shopping with Bruce. He doesn't do too well in changing rooms. Marissa and I got hair cuts. I guess I don't really have a good picture of it. Hers just got a trim pretty much. Mine hadn't been cut in a year (since the last time Marissa and I got our hair cut) so it looks much less mangy. We ate Brazilian food for lunch one day too. Yum. All in all, it was great to have Marissa around. She is not only good company, but a big help too. I don't think she changed any diapers, but she did watch Bruce for a few hours one night so Scott and I could go to a school event.

Other highlights of the week include...
1. Bruce hit the 18-pound mark. Hooray for heavy whipping cream.
2. I won a 5k in 17:48 (my coach, Tom, is pictured after the race).
3. It warmed up to 90 degrees yesterday (Scott is pictured hydrating).
4. Marissa and I watched about 10 minutes of the Britney Spears interview (Marissa is pictured laughing her guts out).
5. Bruce has been pushing stuff around on the floor lately; it was a box of elbow macaroni today. It's really funny looking.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there. I made waffles this morning while Scott slept in, then let him open his presents. I gave him a bunch of nice pens (he is always in need of those) and the second installment of physics lectures on CD. I got him a few Feynman physics lectures (Richard Feynman is a legendary professor from Cal Tech) for Christmas, I think. There's a whole bunch of them though. So I got him another couple hours worth. He must like them. We learned about the structure of crystals on the way to church and now we're listening to something about electrons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home