Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Six Months Later

I had my cholesterol tested last week and got the results back today. So here's the rundown.
Here are the results from my first test six months ago.
Total: 297
HDL: 55
LDL: 229
Here are the results from last week.
Total: 225
HDL: 45
LDL: 169
The good news is that I don't have to get on Lipitor or anything right now; the doctor said she'll test me again in six months and just continue to monitor me. The bad news is that my HDLs went out the window (so much for all that Smart Balance butter spread stuff!) and I'm totally craving all things cholesterol.

Last weekend, I packed up my sleeping bag and PJs and went to a friend's house for a Girl's Night Out. We did facials and pedicures (I came home with "siren red" toe nails, of which Scott said "You look like a four-year-old who painted her nails for the first time." They looked that good.), then stayed up until 3:30 a.m. watching Sense & Sensibility and Ella Enchanted. I also splurged and ate massive amounts of M&Ms (I figured it was after the test and the marathon, so it was okay).

In other exciting news, I got a nice raise at work today. I also found out that I will be going to another camera convention at the end of September. The good news? It's in Germany, which will be fun because I've never been to Europe. The bad news? The Akron Marathon runs the same weekend, so I'll have to miss it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home