Sunday, April 02, 2006

There must be a lot of pressure in there




Bruce set a new record on the changing table. He blew out his diaper during breakfast and the volume was just incredible. It filled the diaper edge to edge, then went straight up the back and on his shoulders. That was the end of that onesie. No amount of stain remover was going to remedy that one.

I ran a 15k yesterday to sort-of test out my hamstring and see if it could hold up over a longer distance. It did; I didn't even feel it. The course was really hilly and I was definitely tired by the end, but I still won it in an okay time. I came home from the race and got online to register for the Boston Marathon and was bummed out when I found registration to be closed (no one can register after 20,000 entrants have registered). I emailed my coach, who has written several books about the Boston Marathon and knows everyone in the Boston running community. He talked to someone and got me in, so...

I'm running the Boston Marathon!

I am sooo excited. Marathon Monday is April 17, so stay tuned for more excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home