Friday, April 07, 2006

Random Raymond Update



Happy Friday everyone. We're glad it's the weekend. Here's a quick update on us.

Scott has been really busy with a signal processing class. All week he's been working on some coding that makes a voice say, "The empty flask sat on the tin tray." I think we're both glad he's done with that project.

I'm registered for the marathon and waiting for my bib number to come in the mail. I am incredibly excited. Yesterday I put Bruce in the jogging stroller and we ran to Marathon Sports, a running store here. I had a gift certificate there, so I cashed it in for a running watch (I left my last one in Ohio and it was in sad shape anyway).

Bruce continues to make us laugh. Last week he wouldn't eat anything. This week, he will eat if we get creative. He downs enchiladas complete with chili powder and crushed red pepper. He seriously can't get enough of them. So he's eaten those almost all week. We get him to eat veggies and baby cereal by spreading it on buttered toast. Mmm, pureed green beans on toast. It sounds nasty, but he loves it. He had another checkup with the Developmental Care research team on Monday (they study the effects of developmental care on intrauterine growth restricted babies like Bruce). They did a few "tests" with Bruce. They had me play with him in a little room for six minutes, then had me sit in the corner and not respond to him for another six minutes to see what he'd do. Rather than play with the toys that were in there, he crawled over to me and tried to get my attention. He bit my shoulder and started playing with my lip; it was really hard not to laugh. Anyway, he is doing well.

Happy weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home