Saturday, May 27, 2006

High Calorie Week

It's been quite a busy week. And we have another busy one just ahead.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel though.

Bruce and I are taking a little trip to see Karyn, Andy, and Allison next weekend. We're so so so excited. In the meantime, though, I have about four times as much work as I normally have. Yikes!

Scott took his last classroom exam on Friday. He says he did poorly, but he always says that. "Poorly" actually means he will get about 80-90 percent instead of 110 percent. Now he has to work on his qualifying exams for the biophysics program. There's always something to do I guess.

The weather has been warm and muggy the past few days, so Bruce and I have been outside a lot. After slathering on a ton of sunblock, we venture off to the park (he loves the swings and eating mulch) or down the sidewalk (he chases the ants). Today he got to pet someone's dogs. He also went after my neighbor's cats, but they outran him. Whenever he sees an animal, he starts quacking. Someday he will figure out not all animals are ducks.

I've been keeping a log of what Bruce eats lately so I can show the doctor that I'm seriously not starving him. Indeed, yesterday he ate more than 1,500 calories. Any fattening tips, anyone? I give him cream to drink. Tonight I fed him beef stroganoff with cheese. I made sweet potatoes with cream and butter. I give him cream cheese on crackers. And he is still skinny.

1 Comments:

Blogger j. said...

Andrew tried avocados for the first time last night and LOVED them. This may be a new way to bulk the boys up.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home