Monday, May 08, 2006

Hard at Work



Bruce was hard at work today. He always goes after my keyboard, so I finally just went to Goodwill and got him his very own. I did some serious sanitation and fixed up the plug so he couldn't chew on sharp wires, then let him at it. He sometimes lays his head down on it while bashing the keys; it's quite funny.

Our internet was down this weekend. Our upstairs neighbors changed their internet service, so Comcast came over and accidentally disconnected our phone line. I called Verizon, our provider, and after talking to several different departments (phone, DSL, repair, customer service...) they finally sent someone out today. Strangely, the Comcast repairman showed up just before the Verizon guy got there. I somehow didn't notice the giant Comcast badge and started telling this guy about all my woes (no DSL, no dial tone on the land line). He ran some tests on the phone box outside and said he was getting a dial tone. He called the number with his cell phone and my upstairs neighbor picked up. That's right about when I figured out he was from Comcast. I had a brief moment of feeling like an idiot and the Verizon guy walked up. In the end, we're back online. Still, I had to call up the office two days in a row and say, "I don't have internet today. I don't think I can work." They probably think I'm so full of excuses. "I can't do (fill in the blank) right now because..." Bruce just crapped on me, I need to get out of the house or I'll lose my mind, I'm running a marathon, I'm stuck in traffic, Bruce has playgroup, etc. They probably think I make these things up. But I don't.

Now that we're up online again, I have a lot of work to catch up on so that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home