Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Run the Marathon to the Very Last Mile...

I met King AdRock's dad. Yes, I met the father of a Beastie Boy.

It turns out that the lady who presented me with the trophy at the Cape Ann 25k is Gillian Adams Horovitz, who was the British National Marathon record holder. She married Israel Horovitz, a famous playwrite, who was previously married and had a son named Adam (the Beastie Boy). How cool is that?

Anyway, I got to meet Gillian and Israel at the race, along with their son. He's not a Beastie Boy, but he does go to Harvard.

1 Comments:

Blogger cory said...

Emily- I am so excited that you have a blog and that you are in such good shape. 90 miles per week - that is insane! Keep it up - I can't wait to see your marathon time. Are you hoping to qualify for the Olympic Trials? Best of luck!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home