Sunday, August 20, 2006

Party in the Backyard



What a week!

Scott is working on his PQE this week along with his regular schedule of experiments and meetings.

Bruce started walking this week - finally! He's been clinging to walls for months. He just got up one morning and decided to walk. And now he walks all over the place every day.

I've been running and working a ton! I'm working on a project for the next two weeks at work that has me going full-time (which is more like full-time with wicked lots of over-time). Bruce went to the babysitter's two days this week, Scott watched him for a few hours one morning, and the rest of the time it's been me trying to read him books while writing articles and posting photos and such. I can't wait for this project to be over!

I ran 90 miles this week and it didn't even feel that bad. Some of my teammates and I ran 22 miles on Saturday and covered pretty much everywhere between Boston and New Hampshire. Anyway, I'm gearing up for this Saturday's half-marathon and I'm super-excited for it. I think I can run between 1:20-23, but I need to at least run a 1:25 to qualify for "elite status" at the Hartford Marathon. Why the status? If I can run that standard, Hartford will pay my entry fee, gas money, hotel, etc. And maybe I'll actually get a massage after the race; after the Boston Marathon, I was too delirious to even walk to the massage tables ("They're a block away? That's too far.").

I hosted a birthday party for Miles, a 5-year-old from church, on Saturday. There were about 8-10 kids and plenty of adults too. We roasted hot dogs, ate the normal fare of chips and cake, decorated cupcakes, and played plenty of games. We busted a pinata, ran down the slip-and-slide, waded in the kiddie pool, threw water balloons, and otherwise wreaked havoc on the backyard. It was wonderful. Miles had a great time, although I don't think he was into the educational book I got him - especially after getting Power Rangers and Spiderman stuff from everyone else. Ohwell. His mom did get him a bike (which Scott and I assembled!) that he absolutely loved and didn't get off for about an hour.

Bruce is pictured with Helen, another girl from church. She's eating Doritos - and Bruce is looking totally jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home