Thursday, October 05, 2006

What else was thrown away?




I'm back from Germany and am putting the house back in order. I went to take out the trash the day after I got back and found a few small toys in the trash can. Looks like Bruce has been trashing a few things. We are missing a few puzzle pieces and such; I think I have an idea of where they've gone.

Bruce has a new fetish with the toilet. I've caught him with his hands in the pot twice since I've been back. Grandma, did you teach him that one?

Grandma brought Bruce some new PJs. His favorite pair has red polka dots and I just can't get them on him fast enough. He loves those things. There are a few pictures of Bruce in his jammies. The enormous lump on his head is from a very close encounter with the side of the fridge. He doesn't really look where he's going all the time. And sometimes when he is looking he still eats it. A few weeks ago we went to a dinner in an MIT dorm hall and there was a glass wall separating the kitchen from the hall. I went out in the hall and Bruce came running at me - and hit the glass wall. Poor kid.

I've been relaxing a bit and avoiding all talk of cameras for the past few days. Scott had an exam today and claimed it was horribly difficult - although he always does well on those.

The next Big Thing for me is the marathon. It is next Saturday and I can't wait for it to come! I've done all my long runs and mileage and everything, so now is the time where I 1) eat ridiculous amounts of carbs, 2) drink lots of water, and 3) try not to get injured. So far, all are going well.

This morning my running partner totally bit the asphalt. Again. She falls about every other week. I'm not exaggerating either. She falls all the time. This time, it was an unfinished curb in Cambridge. She fell Superman style - different than her last Dukes of Hazzard style rolling fall a few weeks ago - and only banged up her hands. It's kindof ironic that she used to be a boxer, but now that she's a runner she gets more beat up than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home