Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Good and the Bad





We went to the zoo on Black Friday and checked out all the animals (and sat on a giant globe). Bruce liked the snakes most of all. The next day we went shopping early in the morning and the store we wanted wasn't open quite yet, so we went to PetSmart and checked out the fish there. We've also been watching the first Planet Earth DVD, so now Bruce loves polar bears and elephants.

The pictures of Bruce by the train tracks are from Wednesday. We watched one train before he went to the sitter's and I went to work.

We had an interesting Monday morning. Scott woke up around 5:30 because there were some guys yelling in the parking lot outside our window. When I got up at 5:55, there was an ambulance and a few police cars. I figured if the cops were there, then the situation - whatever it was - was under control, so I went for my run. When I got back 40 minutes later, there was blood all over our entryway. It hadn't dried, so I got blood on my hands and gloves because it was on the door handle. Nasty. I was really sicked out, so Scott went down and sanitized the door handles but left the rest of the crime scene in tact. That didn't get cleaned up for several hours, but someone was kind enough to put up a sign: "Look out for blood on the floor." It turned out it was some guys from another building in the complex (the injured one just came into our entryway because it was closest). Not sure what they were fighting about, but let's hope it was completely random and won't happen again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Oh, my gosh, that is so scary!!! Hope things are okay! I'd be royally freaked out! Kudos for being brave!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Chelsi Ritter said...

so i know this sounds dorky but i love going to the pet store to check out all the cool animals. the fish are my favorite; i'm always a little too sketched out to look at the reptiles! (hey, it's a cheap date!)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home