Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Battle of Lexington

I've always wanted to see the re-enactment of the Battle of Lexington, and I figured this was the year to do it. I got up at the crack of dawn and biked to Lexington while my baby bro, Ben, ran beside me. I didn't think many people would be interested in a battle re-enactment at 5:45 in the morning. I was wrong: people brought ladders and scaffolding to get a prime view.
Ben and I got a good view of the British soldiers on our ride/run there. We stopped and took a few pictures before these guys started their march to the battle.
We saw the soldiers march in and saw gun-smoke and whatnot, but missed watching the major part of the battle. Too many crowds.

I did climb up on my brother's shoulders for a final photo. Here are the "dead" colonists; the troops marched on to Concord. But there it is: the start of the American Revolution!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home