Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Funny Farm

Bruce and I headed to Great Brook Farm State Park today to do some hiking and picture-taking. Bruce is an excellent hiker; he pretty much runs the whole time, so this was my view of him.
This state park has a fully functioning farm, and Bruce loved checking it out. More on the farm later; I seem to have uploaded the pictures in no order at all.
We hiked to the top of "Indian Hill," and sat down for a snack of fruit-snacks.
These little dirt trails make great race tracks.
Here's a cow from the farm. They serve ice cream at this place in the summer, but it was closed today.
Checking out chickens at the farm.

We managed to find some big mud puddles.
He's so fast!
I still haven't seen the cranberry bog, but supposedly there is one. Maybe next time.

Bruce stuck his finger in and got nipped by that goat.

Unfortunately, ticks were a problem. I pulled one off Bruce's cheek and another one off my pant-leg.


3 Comments:

Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

That does look like a great place for a party...maybe once the tick problem is resolved! What a fun day. Thanks again for your help on Monday (feelin' a little better).

11:42 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

i've been meaning to email you about your bursitis issue. I had bursitis issues in my hip my senior year and for a year after that. The only thing that helped was acupuncture with stem. Have you tried it?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

Looks like such a fun place. I need to go there sometime.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home