Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was excellent, thanks to my boys. When Bruce got up in the wee hours of the morning, Scott got up with him. Then they made me breakfast - an egg-white omelet, blueberry muffins, and hash browns - and served it to me while I was still in bed.

Here's me and Bruce after church. He loves wearing a tie every Sunday, "just like daddy."
This is Bruce taking over the bed after my lovely breakfast. Scott and Bruce un-posed.
This is so posed that it looks like awkward bridal engagement pictures or something. If only Bruce had a big rock on that finger.
Bruce playing with cars after church.
Every year, Scott and Bruce go shopping the day before Mother's Day to score me some loot. The usual is dark chocolate and flowers, but this year was a little different (and I'm glad!). Scott got me a baking stone with a pizza cutter and server. So if you're coming over for dinner in the next few weeks, expect an experimental pizza. I've always wanted a stone; it makes bread and pizza crust pretty much perfect. This is what Bruce picked out for me: sprinkles. At least it was a gift from the heart.

On Sunday night, Scott went to a baptism at church. He had said that I needed a Mother's Day cake, so Bruce and I made a small cake before I put him to bed. I thought it was a little weird that I was making my own cake, so I wrote "I'M AWESOME" across the cake instead of "Happy Mother's Day." I figured just Scott and I would be eating it anyway. Wellllll, after the baptism Scott brought home a few people from church. Surprise! I was in my pajamas with a cake that said "I'M AWESOME" when they walked in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

You are awesome...and that is hilarious!

9:45 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Ditto -- you are awesome and funny too. Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

Love the comments about the awkward engagement picture--you're too funny!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home