Monday, April 28, 2008

The New Kitchen

Bruce's friend came over to play this morning. At the same time, there was a cherry picker just outside our window clearing branches from power lines. The boys had a blast watching it.
Last week we bought a used play kitchen. Bruce really likes playing with them at church and we didn't have any real "pretend play" toys, so this is his first pseudo-big toy (I did make sure not to buy one of those monstrous Victorian kitchens; it had to fit in this tiny corner of his room). He likes making me a fake breakfast of fried chicken, bacon, and eggs and he gets a big kick out of my "eating it." Bruce and his friend played with the kitchen for awhile.
Bruce made some music too.
The boys like to play hide-and-seek for hours on end. Bruce always hides under his blanket on the bed and his friend hides behind a chair in the corner of his room. It's the same game over and over: I count to ten, pretend to find them in silly places like the trash can and diaper bin, and then I find them where I always find them. Today Bruce got a little more creative though...
Another use for the play kitchen! Imagine my surprise when I couldn't find him under his blankets!

4 Comments:

Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

Well, at least you get to "eat" meat and not have to worry about the cholesterol. Thanks again for letting Christian come over to play.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

We love the hide and seek game too. Alli likes to hide in her bed under her blanket. Ruby likes to hide behind the curtains. If you have a great hiding spot, why switch it up?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

Bruce is such a cute kid--so energetic!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Watauga Relief Society said...

my favorite K made me was a pizza, orange juice and peas ... a masterpiece :)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home