Monday, June 08, 2009

Sunshine

We had a weekend full of sunshine and Scott, so we went outside and enjoyed it.



We told our landlord that we're leaving, so we are officially moving out. Where to? Don't know yet. Hopefully to a place we either own or has a quicker commute - or both if we're really lucky.
And it would be nice to have a tiny bit more space. We have to be out by September 1, so we will be treading the real estate market this summer. Yea!

Scott is finishing up his thesis presentation. Two more days. Wednesday. June 10. He's having some trouble paring down his talk to 45 minutes. If I gave it, it'd be like 45 seconds.

Bruce has been eating massively huge breakfasts lately. When we ask him what he wants in the morning, he responds with a lengthy list that goes something like this: "a waffle with butter and maple syrup, fried egg, bowl of cereal, cold milk in a sippy cup, cold water in a normal cup, and hot chocolate please." And like any good short-order cook, we make it up for him. And nine times out of ten, he eats every last bite. It's amazing. Even still, I think he burns all those calories in the first hour after breakfast. He just doesn't stop moving.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I'm mostly done feeling queasy and green, but still haven't been ravenous yet either. That must come later. I had an appointment last week where I got to hear the heartbeat again; it feels good to have a little reassurance. So far, so good. I have an ultrasound in three weeks and I'm excited to bring Bruce to this appointment. He's been putting his ear next to my belly and declaring, "I can't hear it; it must be resting." We will also find out whether this little baby is a boy or girl. I still don't have a preference. After the experience of the past few years, I really really don't care what it is except that it's a live baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

Congratulations on both of your exciting announcements. I'm really happy to hear about the baby, especially.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Crist Family said...

Raymond family. There has been so much great news for your family lately. Things always seem to work out the best way possible if we are patient with the Lord's timing. Congrats on the pregnancy. We will be praying for you to have a healthy baby. Good luck with the housing search - I'm sure you'll find just what you need!
Love,
The Alan & Laura Crist Family

12:05 AM  
Blogger The Elledges said...

I am so happy for you guys! Lots of exciting and wonderful changes this year!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Swoopref said...

Food list is like a breakfast at the firehouse!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home