Monday, June 01, 2009

The thesis is in!

Yes, this is what we've all been waiting for. For five years.

Scott turned in his thesis on Friday. It is titled, "Molecular imaging tools for studying Alzheimer's disease." I edited all but one chapter and caught a few glimpses into what he's been up to the past few years, but I'm still not sure I could explain what fluorescence tomography is or how exactly the blood-brain barrier opens. Luckily, I'm not the one that has to do the explaining.

Scott has been really cramming the last few months to finish, even running a few experiments last week. The cramming doesn't mean he procrastinated though; it just means he worked like a maniac to get all the results he wanted and everything perfectly written. Scott even said, "This is the hardest I've ever worked in my whole life." Coming from a guy who finished a double major in three years, picked up Russian in a few months, helped his dad build a house, and takes care of Bruce and me, this thesis was no small task.

Scott will prepare his presentation this week and will defend next Wednesday, June 10.

After that date, you are required to call him Dr. Raymond. (if you do it to his face you can watch his eyes roll)

7 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

Very Exciting!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Yea for you all!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Eisha said...

I don't think people should get degrees for grad school unless they have to write a thesis/dissertation. It is the hardest thing I have ever done too and I am reliving the sense of accomplishment for scott, way to go!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he prefer "Dr. Raymond" or "Dr. Scott" Let me know so I can get it right!
chandra

9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for Dr. Raymond--bring on the medical school-and another kid....who knows which will be harder :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Laura & Brad said...

How exciting!!! We're so excited! PS - our fridge is enjoying Bruce's picture!

3:53 PM  
Blogger The Elledges said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't know how you did it Scott. Or how you survived Emily :)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home