Monday, November 30, 2009

Doin' the Dew.

Sorry, no pictures on this post. We have moved into our new digs and are still internet-less. I wandered a few blocks away and am borrowing a nearby university network for the moment.

Here's a quick update though.

Phoebe has been gaining weight steadily and is doing better every day. The apnea monitor is a pest, but one we will have to live with for a month or two. She is on caffeine because of the apnea (it stimulates her enough to remember to breathe), so she is a lively baby for a few hours a day. When she was at the hospital, she got the caffeine dose at 8 p.m. Was that some sort of practical joke? The first night she was home was really rough; I slept for 1.5 hours. The craziest part is that I loved it; maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase of graduating from the hospital. Since then, I've been slowly moving the dose up in the afternoon so night-time isn't as much of a party.

We are moved into our new condo and we love it! The planets aligned for us to get this place. We applied to buy it through a first-time homebuyer program back in June and didn't hear anything for months. In late August, we got a call that we'd "won the lottery" and were one step closer to owning a 2-bedroom condo. We went for a tour of the building in September and the developer saw my pregnant belly and signed us up for a 3-bedroom condo! We've been so blessed every step of the way (although there have been many delays too!). Even now that we're all moved in, we can hardly believe that we live in such an awesome place. The location is perfect, the size is perfect, and the price is right.

Bruce is adjusting to the move and the baby okay. Not great, but just okay. He still goes to the same preschool (although now it's a much farther drive), but now we go to a different church congregation so he doesn't see all his buddies on Sundays. And we haven't really had any playdates since Phoebe has come home (sorry guys, no germs allowed). Life isn't all bad for Bruce; Grandma and Grandpa Mars came to visit this weekend and brought a train table and more tracks and other goodies for his room. Whenever we get internet, I'll put up photos of our new place.

Now that it's been six weeks, I'm all clear to run again. I went for the first time on Saturday. While my parents hung out with the kids, Scott and I ran - no, jogged - for 20 minutes. I told Scott beforehand that we'd be going slow. He laughed at me the whole time and even ran backwards a few times as I redefined what "slow" meant. I shook my fist at Scott and swore I'd be beating him within a few months while I slogged along. Anyway, it's a start. I'm coming back.

6 Comments:

Blogger eldonmars said...

OMT 2012!!! ...2:47

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily & Scott,
Congratulations for being able to not only bring Phoebe home, but to your new home! How exciting for all of you. Bruce will adjust I'm sure, it'll just take a little time.
We had just moved to a new home when Amy arrived. Jen had a "pouting corner" in the dining room for a while. She kept wanting to move back to her "old house" which really meant "I want my old life back". She fondly refers to the 4 years before Amy as the "golden years"!
Anyway, we are so happy for all of you! Much love, the Kellers.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are geting back to normal. Congrats on the new place and the new baby. Sounds like an exciting time for you and your family.

12:51 PM  
Blogger stephasauri said...

Hooray for bringing Phoebe home! I love that you loved only getting an hour and a half of sleep the first night. I hope you're getting more sleep now. Can't wait to see more pictures of that tiny little bundle of joy! She is such a cutie!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

I wish blogger had a "like" button with a picture of a "thumbs-up".

10:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wahoo! I'm so happy you have a great place and that Phoebe is home, and you get to run again! Inspiration all over the place!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home