Sunday, January 10, 2010

Million Dollar Baby

Cost for stupid doctor to tell me my water wasn't broken when it was: $295 (can I get a refund?)
Cost of ultrasound to check on Phoebe: $310
Cost of a C-section: $4,600
Cost of anesthesia for C-section: $1,722
Cost of my labs: $326
Cost of medical supplies for my care: $495
Cost of Phoebe's medical care: $36,717
Cost for Phoebe's room and board: $107,109
Cost of Phoebe's ambulance ride to closer hospital: $2,560
Cost of Phoebe's bloodwork: $49

Not quite a million dollars. But $154,183 is a lot of money. And that doesn't count prenatal care or the $47 can of special formula. I probably owe our insurance company a Thank You note.

7 Comments:

Blogger Eisha said...

is that pre or post insurance?

9:58 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Worth every penny.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Shirley Mars said...

Cost of baby Phoebe - Priceless!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Strong Clan said...

Is that with your insurance coverage? But think...cute baby girl...proud big brother...awesome!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Kathy Shagwell said...

I hope you're insurance kicks in at some point... I would imagine you surpassed your deductible somewhere during that whole process... hope you guys had a great christmas and a very happy new year!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

Once she leaves the house I'm fairly certain she'll have racked up a bill close to a million. BUt as Ellen said, it's worth it.

Christian says Hi!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think they deserve a thank you note. Stupid, expensive insurance!(no, i do not have bitter feelings ;)
chandra

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home