Friday, January 06, 2012

Running nowhere


I hate treadmills. I much prefer to run outside where I can breathe fresh air, see new sights, run books to the library book-drop, watch the sun rise, chatter with fellow runners. But I hate not running more than I hate treadmill running, so I finally bought a treadmill. In my search for the perfect treadmill, I came across "treadmill desks" (pictured above). I laughed when I saw that picture, then showed Scott and laughed some more. I searched for something durable (it has to get me through the first year of residency) and reliable, with a good manufacturer's warranty in case I run it into the ground...And here she is, as beautiful as a treadmill can be. She will be here on Monday. I've already picked a corner in my living room and hung a Boston Marathon poster to stare at.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

I might have sold you my dusty treadmill...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I'm the same way...I prefer to do walking and jogging outside, but this time of year that isn't always possible, so a treadmill would be nice!

Total LOL at the desk, though I could easily see myself doing something like that. Or at least a TV! HA!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home