Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Oliver Update

Oliver is four weeks "old" today, but still not due for another four weeks. He is still working on waking up enough to eat a legit amount by mouth; he is starting his feeds, but rarely finishing them, so we still have some work to do. He just needs to eat by mouth enough to gain weight and be "spell-free" for five straight days to go home. Being spell-free means not having any episodes where the heart rate and blood oxygen saturation drop abruptly. We are on Day Two, but we aren't getting our hopes up just yet.
We are eager to get him home. I get super-grouchy if I don't get my Oliver Time and I can't seem to make plans beyond a day or two, so Scott wants him home so I can get my brain back (sortof). Scott has been nesting - repainting the living room, installing shelving - and whenever he asks my opinion on interior decor, I don't have much response. I just can't get myself to care about the living room walls right now, so Scott has free reign on design around here.
 Oliver is up to 4 pounds, 14 ounces.

And because Oliver cries so infrequently, I had to record it. It's still quiet and (to me) sounds beautiful. 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Ryan said that Oliver's cry sounds like a raptor. I'm pretty sure that makes him the coolest baby around.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He sounds like a little lamb! He also makes a Bruce face around 00:00:15. Definitely the coolest kid on the block.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home