Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Prepping for Hartford

I'm so stoked for the marathon! I've been eating carbs and resting up quite a bit this week. On Monday, I ran the Tufts 10K as a marathon workout. I ran 5 miles at 6:30 pace, then did a faster finish for a total time of 39:52. It felt okay, but not like I could go for 20 more miles. I think I can do it in the marathon though. At Tufts it was almost 80 degrees for the first time in awhile (that random heat just gets me!) and I had to pee ridiculously bad. When I got to the race an hour early, I didn't want to go because I figured I'd have to go right before the race anyway - and I hate waiting in lines forever for those nasty port-o-potties. So I held it. Apparently, everyone else did too. Because with 15 minutes left until the race, there were about 30 people in line. And I know it takes ladies more than 30 seconds each. So I headed straight to the start line. I had to pee pretty much the whole race. Thank goodness there was no line after the race. Whew.

http://accelphoto.smugmug.com/photos/101211177-S.jpg

Photo by Stan Hu, one of my Greater Boston Track Club teammates and excellent photographer.

Besides carbo loading and reducing mileage, I've been looking up the names and times of other elite athletes that will be at Hartford. Now I'm super nervous seeing stats like 2:35 and 2:45 and residences of Ethiopia and Russia. Yikes!

2 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

Good luck, Emily!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger cory said...

Good luck Emily! I hope it all goes according to plan!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home