Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mooner is Married!



Here are a few pics from Mooner's wedding. Awww.
I made it back from CES. I'm so glad to be out of Las Vegas and in my non-smokey, vegetarian-friendly home with Scott and Bruce. Scott's mom was in town spoiling Scott and Bruce while I was gone, and did a fantastic job. Our freezer is full of meals, Bruce has a few more pairs of pajamas, and he even has a new Matchbox car. I'm glad to be home running around town too - and with my awesome team.
Today I ran a marathon with some of the GBTC team that Coach Tom is calling the "Boston Marathon Dream Team." We ran the marathon distance from Tom's house near Deer Island along the beach to the tip of Nahant - and back. We didn't run it fast; we just ran it to run it and not be scared of the distance. Running time was 3:25, but we stopped twice to go to the bathroom, took a quarter-mile walk around some historic park in Nahant with Tom, and got drinks from our waterbottles at least half a dozen times (Tom drove and met us every few miles). Afterwards, we all ate waffles (which Tom made cholesterol-free!) and drank gallons of orange juice. Only a few more months to the real deal...
Scott played with Bruce all morning, then I played with him all afternoon once I was back from running. Bruce helped me do the laundry by pulling clothes from the basket piece by piece and passing them to me; he really likes being involved with everything now. He and I walked to a florist near our house to get his friend a birthday balloon this afternoon. There were two employees there oogling over how handsome he is. They had a cat in the store, so they showed him a few tricks the cat could do and then offered him a sucker. I haven't tried hard candy yet, and don't really care to. So I turned them down and they offered a cheapo balloon instead - which I'm all for. That's one of Bruce's favorite words: "balloon."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home