Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter 2007



Happy Easter! We had an egg hunt with some friends today. Bruce found five eggs and put them in his bucket, then sat on the ground content as ever and just shook the eggs. After listening to the jelly beans shake for a bit, he cracked one open and helped himself. Success.

Bruce isn't quite dressing himself yet, but this week he did put together this lovely outfit. He had on the orange argyle sweater (thanks Karyn) and then added the red and blue plaid flannel later in the day (thanks Janis!). The bunny ears we found in the closet the other day; I was in charge of last year's church egg hunt.

Bruce picked up a few good words this week including "sorry" (sah-wee) and "library" (wab-wa-wee). He now apologizes when he throws his food, then does it again and again.

I went to a vegan cupcake party last night with a bunch of ladies from my track team. My running partner was the host and she made all these really amazing cupcakes. They were gorgeous: stacked strawberries, piped icing, arranged nicely. And all vegan! I had four cupcakes and I would have had more but the upcoming marathon was on my mind ("How many seconds does each cupcake add to my total running time?"). I ended up having such a good time that I didn't realize how late it was until four hours later. Scott had stayed home while Bruce slept; poor guy worked on simulations all night.

I have my marathon number: F81. There are 89 women in the elite start, and I'm near the caboose. I feel good and I'm just tapering and shining up my shoes now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home