Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Norovirus



What a week. I went to work Tuesday and Bruce went to the babysitter's. An hour later, the sitter called me and said Bruce threw up. I was there a half hour later to pick up Bruce, and he was totally asleep. He was wearing the babysitter's son's clothes; I must have forgotten to pack an extra outfit (on the one day that he needed it, of course). When I picked him up, he woke up and started throwing up again. I thanked the sitter as he threw up on her door and porch. The rest of the day wasn't much better. He wanted to be held all the time; he didn't move much (very uncharacteristic of this kid). And he threw up a lot. He took 3 baths and I changed clothes a few times.

He threw up once or twice Wednesday and was a little more active, although he did spend quite a long time watching Thomas and Friends library DVDs.

Wednesday night/Thursday morning, Scott and I both woke up feeling really queasy. Scott was the first to hurl. I lost it a few hours later. That day was awful. Bruce was nearly full speed again, so he ran circles around us. Scott and I couldn't keep much down. By the end of the day, I kept down 4 oz of Gatorade. Hooray.

Friday went much better. We ate rice cakes and ginger ale and by the evening, I felt good enough to eat a potato. It's Saturday and we've just about run the course of our norovirus. We are still contagious today though, so we had to cancel a dessert party we were going to have with some friends. Bruce already infected Scott, me, and the babysitter's son; that spread way too far.

On a happier note, the last picture is of Bruce playing with a wooden train set we got him for Valentine's Day. We've fueled his train obsession. It's gotten so bad that he now requests to sit at the computer and watch stock footage of steam engines on YouTube.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uugh. That is awful! I'm glad you guys are on the mend.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home