Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Buh-Bye Hair




As promised, here are the head shots. Hair today. Gone tomorrow.

I had to dry out the ponytail for a few days; Scott said it looked like a dead rat. Once it was dry, I sent it to Locks of Love. My hair won't actually be made into a wig though. I had about 7.5 inches of ponytail so it will be sold to offset wig manufacturing costs. Weird. But what was I going to do with it anyway?

I got to see my big sis this week! She and her husband were on Cape Cod for the week so we drove down where they were staying and had dinner. Bruce jumped on a trampoline, threw rocks in the bay, checked out shells scooped from the bottom, and showed Janis and Philip how to eat a nose. My niece taught him that when she was here a few weeks ago. He says, "Eat my nose" and pulls his nose off and stuffs it into his mouth.

We headed to the beach last weekend with a bunch of friends from church. Bruce wore his pajamas. He learned how to say "hey ladies" this week.

I am slowly getting back in shape for a few fall races. I ran a workout with my track club last week and just about died. This morning I did a fartlek (for all you who don't speak in running jargon, a fartlek is training that involves intense running with periods of not-so-intense running). I warmed up and then ran 3 minutes fast, 3 normally, 3 fast, etc until I covered 11 miles.

The New England Grand Prix 5-mile championship is on Sept. 8, which is a bit earlier than I'd like it to be. I won it last year, so I'm sure there will be all kinds of expectations for me. My eyes are rolling. My more realistic goal is the Tuft's 10k a month later. I've run that race for 3 years but never as a main race. One year it was a week after the Akron Marathon, so I was burned out but jogged it anyway. The next year I was getting back in shape post-Bruce. And last year the Tuft's 10k was on the Monday before my Saturday Hartford Marathon, so I practiced my marathon pace but didn't actually race race.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Cute 'do Em! Good luck training and racing. I haven't been running lately, Ruby is up 1-3 times per night, and so I have been missing my opportunity for a morning run as I sleep in. Oh well. No triathlons for me anytime soon.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Laura & Brad said...

Em - I LOVE the haircut!!!!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The haircut looks great! :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

It was weird for me to see the picture of you with LONG hair! You always had short hair in the good ol' Allred days! :)

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home