Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Only Child

As my belly gets bigger, Bruce's reign as The Only Child grows shorter. He's an "only child" once and this is it, so we are taking advantage of his final weeks by serving up double helpings of spoilage. I have no problem admitting that I've spoiled Bruce. He's been to just about every playground within 50 miles, has visited every museum in Boston a few dozen times, and eats Moosetracks on a regular basis. I love my kid and I love seeing him giddy with happiness. Today's spoilage included taking the train to Bruce's choice of museums, The Children's Museum (Bruce on the dance floor above and Bruce rolling golf balls down a track below). He loves this museum, and riding the train there is an extra treat for him. All the commuters chuckled as they went about reading their newspapers and sipping their lattes while Bruce glued himself to the window and shouted out how many train tracks he saw, what horn he heard, what type of engines were out there, etc.
I am absolutely ecstatic to have a girl join the family. But I wonder if I will take just as many pictures, go on just as many outings, and give her just as much attention as Mr. Bruce. That remains to be seen. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the last few indulgent weeks of my Only Child.

3 Comments:

Blogger Strong Clan said...

You are such an amazing mom! Bruce is a lucky little man! And your little girl will be just as spoiled and just as loved!

10:15 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

aww!! i love your kid too!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Montana Raymonds said...

You will give her just as much attention, go on just as many outings, and probably take just as many pictures. The only difference is, it will be twice as much fun.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home