Saturday, May 12, 2007

Wicked Bad Cholesterol


We're back from Montana and back to the daily grind. I've been catching up on a lot of work. Scott is happy to be running experiments and sheltered in the lab again. And even though Bruce enjoyed getting completely spoiled, I think he's glad to be back too. When we went to playgroup the other day he recognized the building when we parked and said "YESSSS!"
I had my cholesterol tested right before I left and just got the results back. When I went in for my test, I forgot to put the stroller in the car so Bruce had to sit on my lap while I got the bloodwork done. I was afraid he'd freak out but he sat still and was very interested in what was going on. Scott said he was the same way when he was young.
Anyway, back to the cholesterol thing...
It's horrible! You'd think the marathon would do something for me. I guess not though. About two weeks before I was tested, I splurged and ate three illegal waffles complete with eggs and real milk in them. How big of a difference can it make? Apparently a lot. My cholesterol is the worst it has been in a year and a half: 252. So I'm back to the strict diet again: no splurging on waffles and eating M&Ms out of the trail mix. Those 5 mg of cholesterol just might kill me.
* And yes, another picture of Mark and Nancy by the trampoline. I haven't uploaded all my pictures yet, so I'm sure there's more to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Colorado Raymonds said...

Scott & Emily:

Thank you so much for your visit to Montana. We already miss you sooooo much. Valerie is in shock. We still haven't put away the matchbox cars and tracks.

We love you.

Bruce, Valerie and Family

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home