Sunday, September 27, 2009

Adventures from the Weekend

Fall is already here. The leaves are just barely starting to change color, but it is definitely cooler than it was a few weeks ago. Fall is apple-picking time in New England - and apple-picking here is more of a tourist trap than work. We drove to a farm, where we parked in a big open field with a zillion other cars (guided by parking attendants even). Then we waited in line to buy an overpriced bag to hold our apples and tickets to go on the hayride. We went on our hayride and picked plenty of apples. It was fun. But I miss the apple trees in my parents' back yard that are free!
Bruce loved being able to climb all the low branches on the apple trees. Eventually he was brave enough to climb a ladder and pick some apples at the tops of the trees. He would pick them and throw them to Scott to put in our bag. On Saturday afternoon, we headed to the park (see previous post about spoilage).
It's not what you think. Here's the story. I went to a women's meeting at church on Saturday night and Scott put Bruce to bed. Then he decided that he wanted to make chocolate lava cakes as a nice surprise for when I got home. He was so excited about them, so when he pulled them out when I got home and they looked like this (pictured above), he was disappointed. He put the remaining lava cakes in the oven and baked them for a few more minutes and - voila! - they came out much better (pictured below). Here is Scott's creation: chocolate lava cake with raspberry sauce and homemade vanilla ice cream that he made from coconut milk. Yes, I am very spoiled too.

3 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

Yesterday was fun but I miss the small family run farm that we used to go to in (the town of) Harvard. Apple picking with parking attendants is a bit much for me!

2:03 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Yummy! Way to pamper your woman!! I totally want the recipe for my man to do for me :) no joke. - Katy

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I missed apple picking. I guess no homemade applesauce for us. What a good hubby. You deserve it.
chandra

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home