Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Row-a-Palooza 2006




We headed to the Charles River on Saturday for Row-a-Palooza. There is a big rowing competition on the river and a big festival on the shore. I watched a few races, but was disappointed that they didn't all go at the same time. I guess it makes sense; they'd crash into each other and whatnot. But it's hard to tell who wins and who loses, so it's not that interesting to watch.

More interesting was the Nada Surf concert going on. They sing such songs as "Popular" and "Imaginary Friends." They are one of my favorites. Bruce had fun too; he was licked by about thirty dogs.

Scott presented his PQE to a committee yesterday. We are both so glad that's over! Hooray, he passed. Now he can work on real research. Next up is a big neuro-anatomy exam on Friday.

As for the running, I ran 3 miles on Monday morning at 10-minute pace and it felt awful. I did it again yesterday and my calf cramped up midday and I'm still sore from that today. Thus, I'm taking today off. Hopefully I'll be up and running properly within the next week; I feel like an old woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home